Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fwd: Mission Miracle



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sandy Kezerian <sandykezerian@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Subject: RE: Mission Miracle
To: Annemarie Sudweeks <annemarie.sudweeks@myldsmail.net>


Dear Sister Sudweeks, 

Thank you so much for sharing your miracle story. I really do look forward to hearing how this woman progresses. We know you have great faith. This work is hard at times. It actually reminds me a lot of motherhood. Some days are very challenging but the rewards in the end are so worth it. Every time I have ever been around you your beautiful smile and optimism have lifted by spirits. 

We love you,
Sister Kezerian



Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:09:54 +1200
Subject: Mission Miracle
From: annemarie.sudweeks@myldsmail.net
To: sandykezerian@hotmail.com


Sister Vila and I have been praying really hard for people to teach, that we might be lead to those who are prepared. It was really easy to stay in the spirit of finding people and really being filled with motivation and determination to find someone to teach the first week or so after we had that wonderful mission tour. Then drudgery started to set in. Doors being closed, no after no, and although our determination didn't falter I started to decrease a little in faith. Not to mention my natural man started to kick in (being tired or that grumbley stomach reminding me I am hungry...). All the while, I would be reminded of our true purpose here and be filled again with that desire to find and have faith like unto the Brother of Jared. It was on one of these mediocre days I received a tender mercy of the Lord.  I had woken up that morning more tired than usual. For some reason I didn't sleep well that night, and so despite my efforts to go back to sleep, the alarm went off as usual. Normal routine kicked in: exercising eating breakfast, and preparing for the day. Studies were wonderful and filled me with the desire to share the Gospel with everyone I could talk to. As the day wore on, from studies to training my attitude became less excited. I was tired and the last thing I really wanted to do was go and talk with people, and we had planned an hour of street contacting for that day. I said a silent prayer that I might have my attitude changed, and when we were out talking with people I was filled with more energy but unfortunately my body reminded me I was tired again to quickly, and I began to not be as upbeat as I should have been. Sister Vila and I had been sitting waiting for our turn to be able to use the computers, and I thought we could go and make some phone calls to make appointments. We had noticed this nice lady who smiled quite big when we came in and sat down, but I hadn't given much thought to go and speak with her. Sister Vila agreed that we should make phone calls, but she wanted to give a mormon.org card to this lady before we left. When we walked up to her, I knew this was a lesson for the Lord. She was really excited to see us and invited us to sit down next to her right then. She then proceeded to give us a description of her life and her contact with members of our church with whom she has had multiple conversations with about the Gospel. I knew the Lord was blessing us for praying for finding someone who would be converted. We have a return appointment with her, and whether she is will join the church I don't know. I do know that the Lord was showing me that even though I was feeling less than excited about talking with people that day because I was tired, He blessed me to realize that He will cause his work to progress forward whether I am happy or not, but how much better a tool I will be and how much quicker will His work progress if I am positive.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.





NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment