Sunday, September 7, 2014

Why do you follow Christ?

Dear Whanau,
    Hello and Happy Father's Day! (or at least yesterday was Father's day here in New Zealand!) How exciting, eh? We had a great Sabbath. My companion and I had gotten roses and a little cute saying to hand out to all of the Father's here in Timaru. My companion put all the roses in the Lapels of the Fathers. it sure did look nice. We also went and sang Hymn 319 Ye Elders of Israel to all the Fathers during the last hour of Church. How Grateful I am for my father. I know I have learned so much from him. How Grateful I am for my Heavenly Father also. Without both of my fathers I wouldn't be the person I am today.
     In church today, we hear lots of beautiful testimonies about our Savior Jesus Christ and all that he does for us. One testimony in particular has really touched me and caused me great introspection and thought. She shared how she was including in her paper why she follows Christ. She pondered about the reasons why she followed Christ-- because she is happier, only through Him can we find peace, etc... and then she asked her daughters, one of them after great introspection said " He is real." The certain truth she knew at a tender young age. This truth has shaped and will shape the decisions she will make for the rest of her life. How true it is. Jesus Christ is real, I know this with all my heart, I know this because of the feelings I have when I repent, when I strive to live my promises I have made with God, the way I feel when I pray to our Heavenly Father. I know Christ is Real, He does Live and He did come to earth to atone for our sins. May this eternal truth penetrate our hearts and instill in us a desire to Follow Christ, as you ponder why you follow Christ in your life today.
      We had a great lesson with one of the couples we teach and her son this week! They all speak French, but one who does the translating. Sometimes it is difficult because we try to make things simple but it seems to be more complicated the less I speak! Haha but the Spirit makes up for that! We had a wonderful lesson with them as we watched the Restoration movie in French. I know that the Spirit of the Lord is always present when we share the Gospel, even a tidbit will be verified by the Power of the Holy Ghost to all who listen.
      We role played with one of our members this week about how to speak to her friends about the Gospel. It was so fun to see her so excited to share with her friends! It reminded me of how I felt when I first arrived into the MTC, and how excited I was to share my feelings with other people. I know you can find great tools and resources on how to share the Gospel in PReach my Gospel Chapter 10. Let these wonderful tools help you in sharing the Gospel if you find it a bit intimidation. I know it can be a little scary but it's worth every bit to share that joy with others.
I hope you have a great week!
I know this is Christ's CHurch on the Earth today
Love you all.
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment