Sunday, September 28, 2014

Empanadas, Super Sisters, and oh how you have to love this work!

Dear Whanau,
  Wow! What a week! THank you for your patience with my lack of repsonse to anyone's emails last week. We had a Zone p-day in Christchurch, which was so good! It was fun to be able to get to know the sisters better and enjoy sometime with them looking at the Botanical gardens, eating out at the mall's food court and just being able to rejoice in our call as missionaries of our Lord Jesus Christ. I have had a wonderful week! I hope you all have has as well. :)
     So, I heard this awesome quote from our mission president's wife Sister Hudson, "The power behind you is greater than the problem before you." Wow. Think about it, the Power behind us (the Lord our endowments, our covenants, you fill in the blank) is greater than any problem before us. I really love that. this has been a subject of contemplation lately as I have thought about this remarkable statement. I know it is true. In accordance with this, we all took a photo as Super Sisters at Zone Conference, I will attach a photo in the next email. :)
   We had a surprise birthday party for our investigator at one of the member's home. She is from Argentina-- the member, and made empanandas. Ah, she also has a Spanish Accent! I love it so much; I miss hearing the Spanish language, you don't hear it often hear, usually just the Polynesian one.
   WE had transfers last week. Sister Olamaleva and I are staying together for the next 4 weeks then she is going home! Crazy! I think I will finish in Timaru, but we will see what the Lord has in store for me.
Miracles:    We met a former investigator who saw us when we were at the Salvation Army store. She said hello and invited us over, and since then we have gone and seen her. Wow! I am just so grateful the Lord lets us be a part of his miracles! She told us how she has been reading the Book of Mormon since we saw her and she feels so close to God and feels the way she felt when she first found God in her life. I have such a testimony about the Book of Mormon. I know truly that we will be and draw nearer to God by reading and following the principles in that book than any other book( self-help, historcial accounts, etc). Truly I would invite anyone who is struggling, wants to know and have direction in their life to read this book. It will change your life.
    Also the a fore investigator mentioned told us to see one of the people on her street, we decided to just door knock the whole street.... equals we found 3 new potential investigators who would like us to come back.! The lord blesses us so much. Thank you also for all your prayers on my behalf and the missionaries around the world. You have no idea how much they help and strengthen us. I am so grateful for your prayers. Thank you for all of your support.
  I loved this quote from Elder Eyrung from his talk "Bind up their wounds" Novemebr 2013 ensign
He was talking about how his Bishop invited him to come with him to some visits and he didn't know why he had chosen him "...but the Lord knew I would someday be a Bishop inviting those whose faith had grown cold to come back to the warmnth of the Gospel., THe lord knew I would someday be charged with the priesthood responisibility for hundreds and even thousands of Heavenly Father's children who were in desperate temporal need. you cannnot know what acts of ... service the Lord is preparing you to give." I know this is true. Everything you go through, every calling you have, every expereince you obtain in this mortal journey is preparing you for things the Lord has in store for you. (see Ether 2:25 in Book of Mormon page 491).  Let us Hearken to these words "Behold I am Jesus Christ, the Saviouur of the world. Treasure these things up in your hearts, and let the solemnitites of eternity rest upon your minds." (DOctrine and Covenants 43:34)
   I hope you all have a wonderful week! Let me know how following the challenge of Elder Ballard to find someone to introduce to the missionaries has been going. I would love to hear the stories. :)
Love you all!
Sister Sudweeks
P.s. New exciting news! We can teach single men and the ELders can teach single woman. WHich means we cans stay in our areas and be more focused in our area as the place we ahve been called to!!!! SO exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment