Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hmmm.... going home

Dear Whanau,
    Hello! Kia ora! Hola! Bonjour! (sp?)
   Wow! This week has been crazy busy, but oh so good. First I want to say sorry if no one gets a reply this week, I might only have 30 minutes total to write today and I am already half way done after writing President... but know you are all in my thoughts and in my prayers :)
    So this week I went home.... not literally home to Pocatello, but Rangiora. It was such an interesting experience for me, which I am afraid is hard to describe. other than the words I felt like I Was going home. It was so fun to see people I knew, Pheonix and Mili, Sister Delany, Sister Fraser. I didn't get to see everyone but a couple of them-- their reactions were priceless. It is wonderful how it says in Alma 17:2 is so true. It doesn't matter how much time passes between those you love, because when you see those you love it doesn't feel like much time has passed at all.
 Elder Nelson shared this which I relly liked. it is so true we are to help the lord with his Work and His Glory, which is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. "Begin with the end in mind. He used an analogy to explain the important qualities of leadership, stewardship, and the power of partnership: A heart surgeon does not perform an operation alone but works with an assistant, an anesthesiologist, nurses, and others. Each member of the team plays a vital role in safeguarding the life of the patient. "A successful operation is followed by a period of intensive care; later, when the patient's condition is stable, he or she is transferred to constant hospital care and then is ultimately released to the tender care of loved ones at home. A successful outcome depends upon good communication, cooperation, and commitment by each member of the team at all levels. If a complication should ensue, immediate steps are taken to rescue the patient, and nobody quibbles about whose job it is to save the patient's life.
"Likewise, a successful outcome with either a new or returning member reflects complete cooperation among the bishop, ward council, ward missionary leader, and full-time missionaries. They work as partners. They sense their combined responsibility to care for the spiritual life of each precious son or daughter of God."

I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment