Sunday, September 21, 2014

Kia ora everyone! This is going to be really fast because we are having a zone p-day today! Wahoo :) How exciting! Which means we will be driving to Christchurch, it is like driving to Idaho Falls, so we have a bit of travel to accomplish, but I will send pictures and tell you all about it next week :)
This week has been a great one, lots of fun things happening. WE had zone conference which was amazing! :) SO cool. We are allowed to teach single men now! What a huge rule change. I defintiely know with all my heart this is GOd's work and is being guided by Him. I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful fantastic week!
•This quoute really stood out to me, when I read it. I thought you would all enjoy it. I was really touched by how the Prophet felt. It really touched me about how important it is that we always cultivate spiritual experiences in our own lives and remember how we felt when we had those experiences. 

Read the following quotation, in which President Joseph F. Smith describes his feelings at the time of his baptism:

"The feeling that came upon me was that of pure peace, of love and of light. I felt in my soul that if I had sinned—and surely I was not without sin—that it had been forgiven me; that I was indeed cleansed from sin; my heart was touched, and I felt that I would not injure the smallest insect beneath my feet. I felt as if I wanted to do good everywhere to everybody and to everything. I felt a newness of life, a newness of desire to do that which was right. There was not one particle of desire for evil left in my soul. … This was the influence that came upon me, and I know that it was from God, and was and ever has been a living witness to me of my acceptance of the Lord" (Gospel Doctrine, 5th ed. [1939], 96).

Now read what President Smith said about his feelings long after his baptism:

"Oh! that I could have kept that same spirit and that same earnest desire in my heart every moment of my life from [the day of my baptism] to this. Yet many of us who have received that witness, that new birth, that change of heart, while we may have erred in judgment or have made many mistakes, and often perhaps come short of the true standard in our lives, we have repented of the evil, and we have sought from time to time forgiveness at the hand of the Lord; so that until this day the same desire and purpose which pervaded our souls when we were baptized and received a remission of our sins, still holds possession of our hearts, and is still the ruling sentiment and passion of our souls" (Gospel Doctrine, 96).

I love you all! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment