Sunday, August 31, 2014

True Gratitude is an expression of our hope and testimony- Pres. Uchtdorf

Dear Family and Friends,
   Kia ora from New Zealand! Today is the first day of spring officially, but from the weather I would say winter is trying to hold on just a little bit longer. All is well though :) My companion and I biked all day everyday for the past 2 1/2 days! We have legs of steel... well maybe not but it sure feels like we should :) I love exercising, it really makes you feel good to know that you are taking care of the body Heavenly Father so preciously gave you, and that was bought for a price by our Savior so we could have the assurance that we would never need to taste of death twice. What a wonderful thing!
    This week we did service, gardening. We will be doing some more this week for this really nice lady from Italy. She has a very extensive shell collection, which I have learned a couple of things about shells now that I didn't know before! We also had district meeting in Ashburton, saw one of our investigators, saw some members and helped them in many ways some might thing small but I know they were significant. We cleaned our flat this morning, cleaned the car, and after emailing will shop for groceries and be ready for the week! Wow it always comes so quickly. ?
    I have had a lot of thoughts on my mind recently due to some circumstances that have occurred here in Timaru. That is about Gratitude. Truly when we have gratitude we grow in our love for the things that we have, and we are more happy in our circumstances regardless what they might be. We received this quote from our Sister Traning Leader last night which I found quite profound "If we woke up this morning for all the things we gave thanks for last night, what would we have?" How grateful are we to the Lord each night? Do we allow our gratitude to fill our prayers and in the process change us and the way we view life and the happenings and goings that occur?
    Something else that has really stuck out to me is how diligent am I in my scripture study and my prayer? Do I pray with real intent? Do I study by faith? Or have I gotten into a routine with these significantly important things that they have lost their meaning? Do I feel I am lacking in my prayers and study? Do I feel I could do something more? Truly it is the little things, our scripture study, our prayer, and our attending of church that are the bases of our lasting and continual conversion. If we lack in these things I firmly believe that our conversion slackens, our testimony will decrease and we will find ourselves more easily beset by the things of this world.
     I heard this quoute I really liked it I am paraphrasing: Any service we do in the church wether it is a calling, a missionary call, etc is all for those we are called to serve. It is not for us-- but we are blessed because as we serve others we are selves are changed.
     I know that if we will be willing to give up all unto the Lord to "give up all our sins to know God" (Alma 22:18) we will find more happiness and joy that we will ever have otherwise. I know this to be true. I would invite you all to be steadfast and immovable always abounding in good works. May the Lord seal you His, and may you all have a wonderful week and the Spirit of the Lord be with you.
Love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment