Sunday, April 13, 2014

In Rangiora

Dear Whanua and friends,
    Hello! :) I am safe and in Rangiora :) It is beautiful here and so green! Reminds me of Masterton but I loike it more. So pretty. My companion is Sister Fifita, she's Tonga and such a humble sister. I am excited to serve with her.
    So sometimes the library doesn't let us on for very long so I might not get 1 and 1/2 hours to email, so if I don't email you back and you sent me an email, know I will email you or write you back a letter, according to the time I get that day. :)
When I first got here we went and saw some of the investigators that the Sisters are teaching. We set a baptsimal date with one her name is Cynthia. She is so snice and has gone through a hard time. I am excited to see her progress :)
    We watched conference this week, and I loved it! It was so good. Something that I have thought a bit about that really touched me from conference is how we need to be courageous in standing for the covenants we have made, standing up for our beliefs and not being scared to do so. and also the improtance of the covenants we have made that we should be obediant always to the things the Lord has given us. I know this is so important.
  I was reading in Alma this week and was thinking about the Amalakites who when they turned away from the Lord took upon themselves marks to set themselves apart from the people of the Lord. This reminded me of how the Lord said when we turn away from him we will be marked. It made me think about how do I mark myself to make myself not of the Lord when I do something. I want  to avoid all these marks I put upon myself from disobedience and always turn to the Lord.
I love you tons! Have a great week!
Love
Sister Sudweeks
   

No comments:

Post a Comment