Sunday, December 1, 2013

Transfers and a Calling

Dear Whanu,
   Happy Thanksgiving! :) I know it's late, but I do hope you all had a great day counting your blessings. I had a most unforgettable day on thanksgiving. We had it right after our District Meeting, and because Sister Vila and I had planned a service activity we weren't able to stay for the lunch. So we grabbed a plate and ate in the car... I was so greateful for Elder and Sister Webb for feeding us a Thanksgiving meal. Sister Villa tried Pumkin pie for the first time, and liked it for the most part :)
    I am staying here in Masterton and my new companion is Sister Fetu'u! I think it might be the Sister Fetu'u from my intake! :) I will find out Wednesday or Thursday. And I have been called as the Sister Traning Leader (District Leader for the Sisters). I am really grateful for this chance to serve the sisters in my area. Sister Vila is going to Ashburton -- the Christchurch Zone. She is going to do great things there.
     I was really touched by something Sister Webb (Senior Couple in my Area) told me while Sister Vila was in Wellington for Missionary Council last Tuesday. She brought up Ether 12:27 and how it says that the Lord will make our weaknesses become our strengths. She then brought up that sometimes the Lord will allow our weakeness to remain though. As with Joseph Smith, he struggled his whole life with being able to read and write. But when the Lord was helping him he could translate and write so well. I was really touched by this. Sometimes we will always have something that is weak for us; but the reason we have that weakness is so we will always turn to the Lord, that we will rely upon him, and by so doing we become strong with that thing when we are men and woman of God rather than our natural selves relying upon ourselves.
  I love you all! Keep reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, and attending the temple :) Remeber the covenants you have made and let that strengthen you in all you do.
I love you heaps!
mahal na mahal kita, aroha, Le amo,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment