Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Present

Dear Whaunu,
 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I had a great one. Being able to talk to you all was really wonderful and I enjoyed being able to hear all your voices :) We also were able to have Cairo Smart baptized this weekend! It was such a wonderful thing! After being  the pianist and singing a musical number with my companion we were able to enjoy a breather visiting with Cairo and her family after she was baptized. She loved the way the program turned out and was so happy after she was baptized. :) And on Sunday she was confirmed. She also Loved the Snickerdoodle cookies I made Sammy! Thank you for the recipe! I had so many requests for the recipe afterwards! Your cookies are famous here in New Zealand! :)
    We had Zone Conference the week before and it was so good. Something I really liked is what our Mission president told us to do: while we are reading the Book Of Mormon, we should look for the words "the way" "a way" or "way". As we are doing so to ponder what is the Lord's way for us. As we do this we will Find our way by finding The Way. I know this is promise is true not only for me but for you all as well. 
   We were door knocking this week and we met this really nice couple! We had tried there house but they weren't home, then we realized that they had returned so we tried their door again. They opened and invited us in on the spot. They told us they had just been thinkng about how our church was very beautiful and they wanted to go inside. We scheduled a return appointment with them tomorrow to tour the chapel. It should be really neat :) Their names are Xin (female) and Hann (male) They are from China. 
 Well I hope you all have a wonderful new Years! Make some good goals and resolutions. As my mission president says : A goal not written down is merely a wish.
Love you all!
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment