Sunday, November 24, 2013

the weather cows, flowers, and Spanish!

Dear Whanu,
   Hello! I hope you are all having a great week! This week has been a good busy week! We had transfers! In Invercargill. The farthest I think I will ever be from the US, unless I am transferred there... we will see! They are next week, my companion and I are praying we stay here, but nevertheless the Lord knows best where we are needed.
    We went to Omaru on Wednesday for District Meeting. It was so wonderful to be in their new chapel which was dedicated on Sunday. They have a beautiful picture in the foyer called "Remembering the Covenants." If is this painting of two young men walking on a road with their scriptures dressed like missionaries. It really made me think about what it means to make covenants, that we don't just do it for ourselves than stop, but we make it our lifetime pursuit to always help others remember and make those covenants themselves.
     One of Elder and Sister Webbs investigators told them that if 1/2 or more than half of the cows in a herd are lying down that means it is going to rain... so far this has proved true. I can't wait to put it to the test in Idaho! :D
     We have been able to do service in the public Library here! We are so excited Sister Vila and I! We will help go through their foreign languages collections and I will get to use my Spanish skills! I am so excited. We will tell here what the names of the books are and help organize/ tell if they are going to be read...
    I hope you have a great day!
Love you heaps,
Mahal na mahal kita, ( I love you heaps in Tagolag, Sister Vila has been teaching me words :)
 sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment