Sunday, November 3, 2013

A pizza Joint

Dear Whanu,
   So this sign is found on a building called Hell's Kitchen: "Hell's Kitchen home to the World's 7 deadly sins." When I first saw it I was thinking what a perfect description for a place selling beer. Then it turns out that it is a pizza joint! Who would have known? I think it would be a bit out of place though if I did go there to eat pizza.
   This week we had a miracle! :) We went to see one of our former Investigators who didn't really like the idea of the Book of Mormon before the Bible. We talked to her for a bit and she told us she really feels she needs to read the Bible first. My companion and I tried to resolve her concerns and then she showed us how she liked this powerful verse in the bible and asked if there was anything like that in the Book of Mormon. I said yes and told her we could give her an example. We opened my scriptures and I didn't really know what to share when My companion opened up to 2 Nephi 9:50-51. The scriptures that says we should delight in fatness for our spirits because we feast upon the words of Christ. Then My companion shared another verse and it tied again to that verse, and we  showed her how the cross references tie the Book of Mormon and Bible together and that cross reference also tied to 2 Nephi 9:50-51. We felt so blessed by the Lord for helping us and we now have her again as our investigator! What a blessing! :D
   Cairo one of our investigators who is nine said the cutest thing this week. We had asked her about her day and then she told us "and we we to sleep thinking about God." I loved this! She is so young and yet says the most profound of things. I thought of the scripture in 2 Nephi 4:16 which talks about how we should ponder continually on the words of life. I felt like Cairo was showing me another way we do this. I loved it!
   I hope you all have a great week!
 love you all heaps!
love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment