Sunday, October 12, 2014

General Conference

Dear Whanau,
   Sorry this is going to be a quick email time for me again... we are having another Zone P-day! Aahhh! Crazy! My companion is also having her last week of the mission this week, so that will be crazy as we get everything ready for her departure home. THe time has flown! next week is transfers, so I will see who my new companion is too.
     Well, this week we had General Conference.... I just loved it it was so good! :D I am so excited to begin implementing and working on all of the things I felt that Heavenly Father wants me to start doing and changing. Truly it is a wonderful thing to be able to listen to. What did everyone enjoy most about conference?
   This week I was reading from the Ensign about this talk given in last years October conference. The Speaker likened his learning experience of playing basketball to Discipleship. To play basketball he learned that one had to be dedicated, persevere, and be self-disciplined. Likewise it is for us. We must also have these three things as Disciples of CHrist.
    This week we did heaps of service. Cleaning the chapel, gardening, we had District meeting outside then the weather turned so we all made a bee-line for the chapel. :) Conference, door knocking(where we found someone who told us to come back! Pretty cool), all in all a wonderful week! :D
    Another quote I read I really liked "He[Heavenly Father] has actually given His Angels-- invisible beings of power and might-- charge concerning us and they watch over us and have us in their keeping" President Cannon.
 Have a wonderful week! THank you all for your prayers! Know I am also praying for you in all you are doing each day.
Much love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment