Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dear Whanau,
    Wow What a week! Conference was on for all of you eh? How exciting! I bet you have loved every minute! I cannot wait! :) I am looking forward to it immensely!
   This week we had an amazing miracle with the investigator I mentioned last week who has been reading the Book of Mormon. She has been having some opposition about learning more about the Book of Mormon and she shared with us how she doesn't understand why so many people have problems with it as she feels in her heart that it is true. As she asked us this she knew the answer already. It was so cool to see how the Lord has been preparing her for the Gospel and to accept it into her life. She is coming to conference this weekend. I can't wait to see what her experience is like.
    We had a random hail storm.... oh my companion had so much fun! She couldn't beleive it--as the hail started acting like snow! Crazy! I was so excited to! Looks pretty cool, the hail. :) It didn't last long though....
    So if you haven't read this talk you should it is amazing. It is called His Grace is Sufficient by Brad Wilcox. Sister Shayna Sudweeks mentioned it in one of her emails a while back. It is amazing! Something that really stood out to me from this talk was that The Gospel of Jesus Christ is all centered on Changing us from our natural selves into Heavenly beings. The first to principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ-- Faith in Jesus Christ and Repentance give us the desire to change,
the second two Baptsim and the Gift of the Holy Ghost (and all future ordinances and covenants) are the way we are shown to change, and endure to the end provides the necessary push to internalize those changes so that they become who we are not just how we act. It is through that internalization that we become changed and new beings.
I love you all. Hope you have a great week!
You are in my thoughts and prayers,
Arohanui,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment