Monday, June 2, 2014

With a whispered wish and a little bit of magic the day became golden...

Dear Whanua,
   Hello! Don't worry I didn't fall of into the vast void of the ocean, I made it back safely! ;) Yesterday was the Queen's birthday, so the Library and everything else was closed. We had a fun p-day though, and I am sure you will see in the pictures I will be sending. One of the members took us to Waikuku Beach where we met all the other Elders from our district. Sister Farr and I took heaps of photos! YAY :) It was really fun. I even learned how to do the pukana(it's supposed to be a really angry face)
   This week has been a week of miracles. My companion and I have been struggling with finding new investigators and so we have been thinking, and praying about how we can find more people to teach. And on Tuesday we were blessed with two new investigators that day. Truly there is power in fasting and praying. In Preach my Gospel it says "when we fast and pray we are more receptive to receiving answers to our prayers." I know this is true and I know it happened to us this Tuesday past. And since I have been here in Rangiora we had our first investigator come to church! Miracles is all I have to say :)
    Something else that stuck out to me this week was what was shared at church on Sunday by our Branch Missionary Leader. He was sharing about the Plan of Salvation, and one of our less actives who's daughter didn't want to go to class asked the teacher "so even if your adopted do you still get to choose your parents?" (We were talking about how you get to choose certain things and challenges that you'll face in life before you are born) and then he said to her "Kyra there are no plan B's in Heavenly Father's pan for you individually." This really stuck out to me. Truly there are no plan B's for us. Sometimes we just make up our own plan Bs, C's, and D's all the while thinking they are HEavenly Father's plan A for us. I know Heavenly Father is in charge and will help us see the PLan A he has in store of us. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Much love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment