Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dear Whanau,
   Buenas dias! Mololele :) Hello! 
This week has been a good week. I went to Christchurch for a South Island training for the Zone Leaders, District Leaders, and Sister Training Leaders. I saw some of the missionaries from my intake, and that was great to say hello. The training was wonderful. It was in anticipation of Presdient and Sister Hudson coming into the mission here in June to replace Sister and President Kezerian. I learned lots of things and we talked about things to focus on to help really prepare for the new mission president coming into the mission. To finish up the meeting we watched an address given by Elder Holland in 2011. It was a wonderful talk and I loved his last remarks. He talked about Peter and how after he had exerted the apostles to throw their nets on the otherside of the ship after his resserction, they were eating fish on the shore he had prepared. As they are sitting there he turns to Peter and asks him "Peter Do you love me more than these" and Peter answered "Ye Lord thou knowest I love thee." Three times this address is given in which the reply is the affirmative, Yeah Lord Thou Knowest I love Thee. What the Lord was asking Peter was do you love me more than these(fish, TV, video games, books, culture,  hobbies, cars, work, etc.) Elder Holland told us that we can never be the same person again. Once we have told the Lord we love him, we have to give it all up. We have to put off those things we put before the Lord and never trun back from his request to feed His sheep. Being a missionary is limited to a period of 18 to 24 months, but being a member missionary is something we will never be released from. I was so touched by this. Once we choose to follow the Lord we need to be willing to ddo all the Lord asks, because then will we find the greatest happiness and peace in our lives and happiness more than we can comprehend.
   I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for all your prayers in my behalf I know they help so much more than you know.
Love yous!
Love,
Sister Sudweeks
  

No comments:

Post a Comment