Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Dear Whanau and Friends,
  Hello! How are you all? Time is flying wouldn't you say? I can't believe Christmas is this week! Loco! News here... it has been HOT! :D My first warm Christmas is hopefully underway! I can't wait! Looking forward to it! We are going to be going to a potential investigators home who has invited us over for Christmas dinner. We are having an umu (sp?) Yes it is going to be amazing! 
   My new companion is from Morgan Utah, her name is Sister Breshears. I actually met her 8 months ago in the airport as I waited for Sister Farr's arrival, and unbenowest to me as Sister Fifita said she thought she was my companion she is my companion now! Small world eh?
     This week has been great. We had a district meeting with President and Sister Hudson on Saturday. Then as we were out finding people to teach Sister Breshears and I met Janii. She was driving away and we were just getting out of our car and she stopped. She wanted to talk to us. Atfirst she told us how she just had to tell us we were doing such a good job and to not get discouraged-- people can be so nice and thoughtful-- and then she asked us to come around sometime. We are excited to go back and might be able to go and see her today. :)
    Something I have been thinking a lot about is this statement :Because I am a Disciple of Jesus Christ I will start.... and Because I am a Disciple of Jesus Christ I will stop.... What would you put as answers to those questions?
     I am so grateful to be here on the Lord's errand. I know that His Gospel is on the earth today in it's fullness and how grateful I am for that. Like Oliver Cowdery I can say "... one touch with the finger of his love, yes, one ray of glory from the upper world, or one word from the mouth of the Savior, from the bosom of eternity, strikes it all into insignificance, and blots it forever from the mind." Jospeh Smith-History. 
Truly being touched by the love of God will put all hardship and frustration in the back of our minds I know God lives and loves each and everyone of us. We are His precious children. Remembering His love can help us even in the darkest of times and moments. Our Faith in Him can help us transcend anything we are faced with. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I know the Savior lives. 
I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Much love!
Love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment