Sunday, February 16, 2014

What will I put in my handcart?

Dear Whanau,
  I know I always spell that wrong! I need Maori spell check on here! ;)
What a week! This is the last week before transfers. I hope I get to stay again, but never the less, the Lord knows best and I will go where He wants me to go.
   I read this wonderful talk about the Atonement. In it it talked about having the gospel principles written in our hearts and engraved on our souls. It then mentioned the pioneers and how they only had a small amount of room in their handcart and had to decide what was the most improtant things to take with them. This really made me think, what do I put in my figurative handcart? Is it the newest latest high definition DVD? the newest craze everyone is talking about? Is it the things that matter most like family, the gospel? DO I make time for these things that our most important in my life? I truly beleive the Lord is preparing me for when I enter the "world" again you could say and I will have to make choices such as these daily. and so I will forever be thinking "What will I put in my handcart?" What will I sacrifce for the Lord?
    Miracle! Rochelle Wilson wants to be baptized! We were talking to her and she told us she feels the Book of Mormon is true, and she wants to be baptized more and more as she reads the Book of Mormon. SHe will be getting baptized on the 26th of April, so her children can be there to see her. I am so excited and think I will be having the best day a missionary ever could have on the 26th of April.
     We had exchanges this week with the Gore Sisters. Sister Matwaychuck(Canada) and Sister Sterzeneggar(Switzerland). It was good. The Gore Sisters had an intersting experience, I have never felt so popular as a missionary. The tour boats had come in again and we had an appointment on Baldwin street again. So we drove up and on the way met some members. They said hello and were so excited to see us. The Gore Sisters and Sister Fetu'u had them stop them several times asking to take picutres of them. My companion told me I just hope they don't put it in the Ensign!
   I love you all! And I hope you have a great week! Keep serving the Lord with all your heart, might, mind, and strenght. Never forget those things that mattter most and those things that matter least.
Love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment