Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hablo Espanol, Loi Lahi

Dear Family,
   Hello! And Happy Valentines day! :) By the time you read this it will be a while before Valentines day, but hopefully I can be the first to wish you having a great day! :)
   This week has been a good week! We went to Oamaru and started teaching the sisters there. We will be teaching all single sisters in DUnedin and Oamaru until the new sisters are sent to Oamaru in April.
   Hmm... this week we had Sister Kezerian come out with us after our Disctrict Meeting. It was wonderful! Sister Fetu'u and I really enjoyed seeing her teach and thinking of how we can apply what she is doing to help our teaching/ approaches.
    My companion is teaching me Tongan! I can now say Me llamo es Hermana Sudweeks Soy de Idaho de America, Ko hoku hingua ko Sister Sudweeks me Idaho e Amilica. :)
  It was so neat! We were in Oamaru and we went to go see this Tongan family. We knocked on the Door we thought was their dorr but turned out to be the wrong door. It was great though because we met Sandra Castro. She is from Brazil. I told her I love the Hispanic culture and the language and she started speaking to me in Spanish. It was wonderful! I loved being able to speak to her breifely and she said we could come back. Hopefully she will still want to learn more about the Gospel when we are able to travel to Oamaru next. :)
    Something cool: Anahera and Isaiah the children of Rochelle Wilson had their Grandma over when the Elders came to intorduce themselves. It turns out the Grandma was almost baptized 30 years ago. I have a testimony that the Lord always prepares a way for his children to be found that they might have more opportunites to accept and hear the Gospel.
  I was reading in 1 Nephi 17: 41, it talks about how Moses held up a stick which the children of Israeal only had to do was to look at it and they would be healed. And because of the easiness of the way that was prepared, many did perish and were lost. Let us not be like the people here in this story, because it is so easy to have lasting joy and peace and happniess in our lives. All we must do is to look to our Savior and do the teachings which he has asked of us. I promies when we rely iupon our Savior we will have holes nad pains healed that could not be healed an other way. I know this is true, as I have felt and can sing of the joy and power that comes from our Savior's reedming love.
I love you all!
Choose the Right!
Ofa Atu!
Aroha,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment