Sunday, July 28, 2013

Flying out tomorrow

Dear family,
 Wow! So much is going on! First, I fly out tomorrow at 12:20pm. Then we head to wellington! WoW! The MTC has been the bst most spiritual experience I have had so far. I love it here! I am sad I am leaving but I am really excited to get out in the field and learn everyhitng there! I incuded some pictues. THe one where I am standing by my companion in fron of the MTC is Sister Kennedy. She's so sweet.
 Last sunday President Keung asked me to sing If you could HIew to Kolob before our firesdie. It was a wonderful experence and I really enjoyed being able to sing again. :) I also have learend how toplay touch rugby! Awesome stuff! The Tongan and Soaman elders were really impressed with my skills :) Haha, its the funnest game ever!
  Cool things this week:  I learned that prayer is correlated to sacrifece. When we pray for help to feel the spirit more, we are saying in our prayer we are going to sacrifice those things that we do that would inhibt us from ffeeling the spirit more. I just thoguht that was a rteally powerful concept, that like olden times, they sacrificed the best of their flocks all the time, we still do the same thing but its with our prayers.
 Another thing: I was listening to a fireseide last night by Elder Holland. He talked about how missionaries should have at least one convert, and that convert better be the missioanry. I really likied how he brought up that missionary life, shring and teaching the gosepl is realy life. Eveythig else we get so caught up doing, schooll, work, etc, etc doesn't matter, and we would do good to remember that. Missionary life and familiy is real life.
 I love you all and I wish I could write more, but I got ot go! All the other distircits need to wirte today too!
Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Sister sudweeks
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment