Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

Dear Whanau,
   Hello and good morning! :) I hope you all had a wodnerful Fourth of July Celebration. I certainly did :) I actually almost forgot about it because it is so cold here, but one our members who is American threw a party celebration where we ate soup and apple deserts. Two of our potential investigators came and it was so great! All the members talked to them and visited with them. I didn't get to talk to them after the party because My companion and I had an appointment we had to get to, but I hope to meet up with them soon so we can see how they enjoyed the whole evening.
    We had a great week, lots of miracles! First miracle: we were able to make our goal of Talking with Everyone despite the lack of time we were able to do so, we did lots of service this week. Second: we had another amazing lesson with Tarquin. She is doing so well! She read the ensign and is having questions that I know she is going to fins answers to. I am really excited for her. Third miracle: Rebecca is beginning to progress. she came to church today and we were able to go and read with her from the Book of Mormon. We are so excited for her as she also agreed to a baptismal date for August 30th! I know there are going to be more miracles coming.
    Something I really loved from my studies this week:
From President Eyring's talk "The Priesthood Man" I loved how he counsels us to pray and the blessing that comes to us when we do. "We all pray, but the priesthood holder[or righteous women] you want to be prays often and with real intent. In the evening  you will get on your knees and thank God for the blessings of the day. You will thank Him for parents, for teachers, and for great examples to follow. You will describe in your prayers specifically who has blessed your life and how during that day. That will take more than a few minutes and more than a little thought. It will surprise you and change you. As you pray for forgiveness, you will find yourself forgiving others. AS you thank God for His kindness, you will think of others, by name, who need your kindness. Again, that experience will surprise you everyday, and over time it will change you." I love that promise-- it will change you. How grateful and how blessed is this! How much should we want to change to be more like our Heavenly Father.
I love you all! Keep doing the small things reading the scriptures, praying, and going to church. They may be small but their impact is significant. Of this I testify.
Love,
Sister Sudweeks

No comments:

Post a Comment