Sunday, January 18, 2015

Well... What to say this week?

Dear Whanua,
   Okay okay okay, now don't get too excited this week alright? I am finishing hard and finishing strong. I don't think it has truly hit me that this is my last full week on the mission. I don't know if there is any real way to prepare for what is next, but I do know Heavenly Father has been preparing me greatly and helping me with this next transfer! I feel so blessed!
     This week has been a wonderful week full of little small miracles and tender mercies from the Lord. We received a new investigator through a member referral. We were so excited! Truly the Lord is blessing us; we have been praying for a long time for a new investigator. Her name is Luanda.  She is 13 years old and has a family member who is a member and knows the youth in our ward, which has peeked her interest. She is really ready to learn. The other big miracle of the week is a lesson we had with Teressa about goal setting and talking to her parents about getting baptized. It was so cool to see how the lesson we shared was the exact thing she had been thinking about that week. Some small miracles was that we have been able to have some good conversations with our members, increasing their trust, and doing some service for the members. On Saturday my companion and I did the best service project I have done yet! She taught everyone to play softball.... including myself and I am sold! It is so much fun! Can't wait to go play catch with you dad :D  The other service I did was to help teach the members how to sew pajama bottoms. :) Too Much fun! :) Pictures to follow.... other news. we have a dinner appointment everyday this week except Friday and everyday next week too.... funny how people want to feed you when they know you are leaving.... I don't mind at all :) I am excited to be able to talk with them about missionary work and the gospel over a delicious home cooked meal--
    Quotes for the week: Don't put a question mark where the Lord has put a period(or full stop as they say here in New Zealand)
   "When we put God first in our lives other things fall into place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims of our affections, the demands of our time, the interests we pursue and the order of our priorities." Ezra Taft Benson
    So time flies eh? I can't believe it is almost time for me to come home. I can't wait to see you all. Just remember that when the times get the tough the tough get going. Get to work, show your faith and Let the lord do the rest. I know this is His work. Christ Lives and He loves us indefinitely. 
I love you all! Have a great week!
Arohanui,
Sister Sudweeks
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment